Friday, May 10, 2013

Flurry: Youtubins McKenzie

So it's been forever, but we're not dead!

First video's a chunk of an adversarial mission. Redfor had two captured Blufor pilots and the CSAR team had thirty minutes to recover them. By the time the video kicks in, Blufor is within one-hundred meters of our forward position. It's desync-y, but good watching.


Second video's a larger cooperative scenario in which we are attempting to rescue some hostages held by Iranian forces. We've already made contact with a motorized scout team and dispatched them in a frantic firefight, but now we have to push forward into the fog. I'm attached to the scout team while my platoon sergeant attempts to coordinate the main effort moving southwest of my position into the town.


Finally, I have a long full game of Wargame: AirLand Battle. The game's polished and runs great, the deck system's delicious, and the maps are big enough to provide numerous options and tactical problems. I'm told the maps don't look Scandinavian, but they're amazing anyways. In the video, I attempt to take the large city to the center of the map, but I cannot dislodge the Warsaw Pact from it. I also dispatch forces to assist the flanks and get a stern lesson on massed ATGM teams and the immense power of the T80U tank. For some reason, youtube won't let me put the embedded first video, but it should be there somewhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment